Black-Box High-performance 40kHz to 3.1GHz Communications Receiver with PC/LAN Control
The AR2300 is a Black-Box version of the AR5001D, a high-performance communications receiver from AOR. The AR2300 is ideally suited for radio and spectrum monitoring in various commercial and government applications, as well as for use in radio investigation services.
Typical application of AR2300 includes:
- Signal detection
- Signal search in frequency and memory scan mode
- Spectrum occupancy and on-the-air monitoring
- Coverage and field-strength check
- Signal and spectrum analysis through an optional I/Q board with supplied AR-IQ software
- Monitoring of given frequencies, e.g. storage of 1 to 2000 frequencies, receiving modes, antenna port, attenuator settings, constant monitoring of one frequency or scanning of selected frequencies
- Searching in a frequency range with freely selectable start and stop frequency and step widths of 0.001 kHz (1Hz) to 999.99 kHz
- Detection of undesired emissions including pulsed emissions.
- Detection of unlicensed transmitters communicating illegally or interfering with licensed transmission
- Protection against tapping by detecting miniature transmitters (bugs)
- Monitoring of one's own radio exercises in a service band and monitoring of selected transmissions
- Remote-controlled operation via an optional LAN controller in coverage check and monitoring systems
Computer controlled Black-Box - All functions of the AR2300 can be used with lap-top or desk-top PC that runs under Windows XP, Vista and 7. The AR2300 can be controlled remotely through an optional LAN controller.
Super Wide Range - Continuous frequency coverage: 40 kHz to 3.15 GHz in 1 Hz step with 1ppm frequency accuracy. (Frequency accuracy can be optimized to 0.01ppm with an optional GPS receiver)
Multi-Mode Reception - High performance digital signal processing circuitry offers variety of reception modes as well as decoding options. Receiving mode includes USB/LSB, CW, AM, SAM, FM, Wide FM and FM stereo. The decoding modes include CTCSS, DCS, DTMF and APCO P-25 by an optional P-25 decoder
High-Performance Analogue Front-end - The RF front-end is carefully designed by CAD to obtain optimum performance across the entire frequency range of 40kHz to 3.15GHz.
Digital Signal Processing - The 45.05MHz IF signal is processed by the independent signal processor for signal demodulation and recovery. No AGC circuitry is used in the analogue stage to ensure accurate level reading as well as to offer IF output signal level linearity against RF input signal.
Direct Sampling Architecture (40 kHz to 25 MHz) - The AR2300 employs 14bit/65Ms/s direct sampling receiver architecture for VLF, LF and HF band. The direct sampling architecture assures high IMD and IP3 characteristics.
Direct Digital Synthesizer (DDS) Local Oscillator - Direct digital synthesizer is employed for the 1st local oscillator that ensures fast frequency switching for memory channel scanning and frequency band search operation.
Simultaneous Reception and Monitoring - Simultaneous reception on HF (below 25MHz) and VHF-UHF (above 25MHz) frequencies are possible. For the frequencies above 25MHz, absolute dual-channel reception within an IF bandwidth is possible. Thus, triple channels can be monitored simultaneously.
Analogue VIDEO Demodulation - Composite video output is provided to monitor FM modulated analogue type wireless security camera or frequency search operation for bug transmitters.
SD Audio Recorder - AR2300 is capable of recording demodulated audio directly to the built-in SD media recorder. Compact and readily available, SD memory card are immune to vibrations and produce no mechanical noise, unlike motor-driven media such as tape or discs. The AR2300 can accommodate up to 32GB SDHC card, allowing up to 240 hours of total recoding time using PC compatible WAV format. The typical continuous recording time with 1GB SD card is about 8 hours. The recording time can be extended when squelch operation is employed.
Wideband and High-performance IF Output - 45.05MHz of intermediate frequency (IF) analogue output with 15MHz bandwidth is provided for the external peripherals when use AR2300 as receiver front-end. Between 25MHz to 3GHz, the analogue IF output is correlated within r1.5dB to the antenna input by accurate signal source with traceability, thus accurate signal monitoring or measurement is possible with appropriate measurement antennas.
- Frequency Range: 40kHz to 3.15GHz
- Frequency Resolution: 1Hz
- Tuning Steps: program 1Hz to 999.999kHz in 0.001kHz increments 2 band reception One HF (40kHz-25MHz) frequency plus one
- Receiving Mode: USB/LSB(J3E), CW(A1A), AM(A3E), FM(F3E), WFM(F3E), FM-Stereo(F8E), APCO P-25(D3E) Optional
- Number of VFO: 5 (A through E)
- Memory Channel: 2,000 channels (50 channels x 40 Memory banks)
- Memory Bank: 40 banks (each bank can be customized between 5 to 95 channels)
- Pass Frequencies: 1,200 frequencies or 1,200 frequency ranges, 30 frequencies(ranges) x 40 banks
- Priority channel 1 (one)
- Selected Memory Channel: 100 channels through memory banks
- Typical Scanning Speed: Approx. 100 channels/steps per second
- Antenna Impedance: 50W
- Operating Temperature Range: 0Â°C to +50Â°C / 32Â°F to 122Â°F
- Frequency Stability: Less than Â±1ppm after warm-up (5 minutes). Less than Â±0.01ppm with optional GPS unit
- Audio Output: > 2W into 8W load
- Power Consumption*: Stand-by: 200mA, Max. Audio: 1.5A
- Ground System: Negative ground
- Dimensions* (D x W x H): 285mm (11Â¼â€) x 220mm (8Â½") x 70mm (2Â¾)
- Weight*: 3kg (6.6 lb.)
* Power consumptions, size and dimensions are only approximate value. Dimensions does not include projections.
- Receiver System: 40kHz - 25MHz Direct conversion | 25MHz 220MHz Double super heterodyne | 220MHz - 360MHz Triple super-heterodyne | 360MHz - 3.15GHz Double super-heterodyne
- Intermediate Frequencies: 1st - 294.5MHz / 1.7045GHz | 2nd - 45.05MHz / 294.5MHz | 3rd - 45.05MHz
- Third-order IMD: > +20 dBm at 14.1MHz | > +9 dBm at 50MHz | > +5 dBm at 620MHz
- Digital IF Filter Bandwidth: 200Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz, 6kHz, 15kHz, 30kHz, 100kHz, 200kHz - Receiving mode depended
- Selectivity: CW - 500Hz -3dB: > 380Hz -80dB: > 500Hz | AM - 6kHz -3dB: > 5.5kHz -80dB: > 6.9kHz | SSB - 3kHz -3dB: > 2.7kHz -80dB: > 3.1kHz | NFM - 15kHz -3dB: > 14.2kH-80dB: > 15.6kHz | WFM - 200kHz -3dB: > 200kHz-80dB: > 250kHz
- Simultaneous reception Two types of simultaneous reception (dual-watch) are possible
- 2 Band Reception: One HF (40kHz-25MHz) frequency plus one VHF/UHF(25MHz and above) frequency
- Offset Reception: Main frequency plus sub-frequency (within Â±5MHz from the centre frequency) | Offset reception is possible only for VHF/UHF.
- Triple Reception: Triple receptions are possible by combining simultaneous reception mode. I.E. One HF frequency plus offset reception.
- Squelch System: CTCSS, DCS
- Demodulation Aid: Auto Notch Filter (NOTCH), De-Noiser(NR), Noise Blanker, IF Shift, CW Pitch, AGC, AFC, DTMF | APCO P-25 Digital voice decoder (option)
- Type of Recording: Record/Playback function through SD or SDHC
- SD Card Type: SD or SDHC card per SD Card Association | More than 256MB is required. Use card adapter for miniSD and microSD cards. FAT16 and 32 only
- File Format: Windows compatible WAV file format. RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16-bit mono 17.578kHz
- Recording Time: Approximately 8 hours of continuous recording by 1GB SD Card. Squelch synchronization is possible to eliminate inactive time.
Input and Output:
- Antenna Input: ANT 1: 25MHz - 3.15GHz, N-J connector | ANT 2: 40kHz - 3.15GHz, N-J connector
- 10MHz Reference Input: SMA-J connector | Typical input: -2dBmÂ±2dBm for 50â„¦
- 45.05MHz Analog IF Output: BNC-J connector, 45.05MHzÂ±7.5MHz | Typical output: Antenna input +10dBm for 50â„¦ | Frequency range: 25MHz - 3.15GHz only.
- Digital I/Q output (Option): USB2.0 compatible isochronous transfer | Digital I/Q output through USB Type-A Jack | Frequency range 25MHz - 3.15GHz only
- 12kHz Offset Output: 12kHz offset analog I/Q through 3.5mmÎ¦ stereo-phone jack
- Line Output: 3.5mmÎ¦ stereo-phone jack. (3-wire)
- Accessory: 8-pin miniature DIN
- DC Power Input: EIAJ MP-121C (5.5 x 2.1mm) plug. Positive centre
- External Speaker: 3.5mmÎ¦ miniature phone jack (2-wire)
- RS-232C: 9-pin D-subminiature type (Male) - Firmware update and remote control by PC
- USB: USB Type-A; USB 1.1/2.0 Jack for PC control
- VIDEO Output (Front Panel): RCA Jack, 75â„¦ 1V p-p
- One stop shop
- Fast delivery from stock
- Large showrooms
- Expert & friendly staff