Chameleon CHA 40-20 FD
Fan Dipole Antenna
The CHA 40-20 FD Fan Dipole antenna is a High Frequency (HF) antenna designed to provide a field- tuneable resonant portable antenna for two of the most popular amateur radio bands.
This antenna will provide long-range communication on both the 7 and 14 MHz (40 and 20m) bands utilizing skywave propagation and short-range communication using Near Vertical Incidence Skywave (NVIS) propagation.
Due to the antennaâ€™s small size and rugged construction, it is ideal for temporary setup at a campsite or emergency shelter and durable enough for semi-permanent installation at a base station - even RV sites or dense suburban housing with small yards should be able to accommodate this antenna.
Without an antenna tuner, the Fan Dipole can operate on the 40 and 20m amateur radio bands. A wide-range antenna tuner will also enable operation on the 17, 15, 12, and 10m bands.
- Frequency: 40M - 20M (NO TUNER) 17M, 15M, 12M & 10M with a wide-range antenna tuner.
- Power: 500W SSB or 250W CW
- Length: 33â€™ per leg for 40M and 17' per leg for 20M of Copper Clad KEVLAR PTFE (Teflon) (-70Â°C to 150Â°C) wire
- Weight: 2.2lbs
The antenna system consists of:
- 1 X BALUN 1:1
- 2 X 33' Copper Clad KEVLAR Wire (7 MHz)
- 2 X 17' Copper Clad KEVLAR Wire (14 MHz)
- One stop shop
- Fast delivery from stock
- Large showrooms
- Expert & friendly staff