Icom IC-SAT100 PTT Satellite Radio
The IC-SAT100 is a unique Satellite PTT handheld radio that uses the Iridium satellite communication network. Unlike a satellite phone, the IC-SAT100 will provide radio service to users with the push of a PTT (Press to Talk) button. It can be used as a communication tool in remote and isolated areas where there is no mobile phone or landline network infrastructure. Also, in the event radio or cellular network infrastructure may be rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, satellite communication can provide a stable and reliable backup solution.
The IC-SAT100 uses Iridium satellite network which covers the whole earth, including both poles and can provide wide area global communication anywhere on the planet. Using 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites it provides broader, more reliable network coverage compared to Geosynchronous Equatorial Orbit (GEO) satellites. So someone at the North Pole could talk to someone at the South Pole; thereâ€™s no other two way PTT device that can do this.
- Dimensions (W Ã— H Ã— D) 57.8 Ã— 135 Ã— 32.8 mm, 2.3 Ã— 5.3 Ã— 1.3 in
- Weight (Approximate) 360g, 12.7 oz (with BP-300 and antenna)
- Display (W Ã— H, approximate) 33 Ã— 27 mm, 1.3 Ã— 1.1 in (viewing area)
- Operational temperature range â€“30Â°C to +60Â°C, â€“22 Â°F to 140 Â°F
- Internal speaker 1500 mW typical (At 5% distortion into an 8 Î© load)
- External speaker 1000 mW typical (At 5% distortion into an 8 Î© load)
- Battery life (Approximate) 14.5 hours (TX : RX : standby = 5 : 5 : 90)
- Talkgroup 15 groups (Maximum)
- Antenna connector SMA
- One stop shop
- Fast delivery from stock
- Large showrooms
- Expert & friendly staff